Black Bean Chilli
We've recently discovered the delights of adding dark chocolate to Mexican-inspired dishes such as this delicious black bean chilli. The chocolate adds a thickness and flavour background that is definitely worth it!
- Saute a chopped onion and a chopped bell pepper (any colour) in a little oil until softened.
- Add two finely chopped medium carrots and three chopped sticks of celery.
- Add 4 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tsp ground chilli powder, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp mixed herbs, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and 2 tbsp tomato paste to the pan and cook for 2 mins longer, stirring occasionally.
- Add one tin or bottle of passata, two tins black beans and approx. 14 oz (1 tin equivalent) vegetable stock, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for around 30 mins on a low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir in 25g coarsely chopped dark chocolate until melted through the chilli.